It's a Wonderful Wednesday in accounting! Assessments this week!
Today, you'll have an assessment over the stock market.
Tomorrow, you'll have an assessment over banking. Please review the learning targets.
Unit 3: Banking/Finance
Log into the computers and look over today's agenda and learning targets.
Check on your stocks. http://www.marketwatch.com/game/act-101
Consider the following:
1. This gives you a “share” of ownership of a publicly traded company
2. This set of letters represent the security traded on an exchange
3. Stocks are very R - - - -
4. Savings accounts are NOT R- - - -
5. When reviewing your portfolio or stock prices, the red numbers mean this.???????
I understand how the stock market works.
I understand the banking system.
I understand the purpose of a savings account.
I understand how a checking account works.
I understand how to keep a savings and checking register.
I can calculate balances (debits and credits/deposits and withdrawals.)
I understand how to write checks.
I understand the differences between a checking and savings account.
I can reconcile a bank statement.
NEW (Not tested tomorrow):
I understand online/Internet banking.
I understand the advantages and disadvantages of online/internet banking.
Bellwork: Stock Market Research Link:
Stock Market Game Link and Info:
- URL for your game: http://www.marketwatch.com/game/act-101
- Password for this private game: wildcats.
- Click on the 'Join Now' button to get started.
- If you are an existing MarketWatch member, login. If you are a new user, follow the link for a Free account - it's easy!
- Follow the instructions and start trading!
Today, we will complete and review checking and savings accounts.
We will discuss online banking, advantages, and disadvantages. We will complete the VB online banking exercise.
Activity: Open the Google doc and add at least one advantage and one disadvantage to the chart.
You will have an assessment on the stock market. (Formative)
Have a great day!