It's a Wonderful Wednesday in Accounting!
- We will be reviewing for our final exam in here on Friday and Tuesday of next week. I won't be here Monday, so we cannot review together for it then.
- Your final exam will be given on Wednesday, December 15, 2015
Are you interested in either of the following camps?
Bellwork: Add the following to your KOSSA bellwork document:
1. Which of the following is an asset?
A. Accounts Payable--Office Depot
B. Prepaid Insurance
C. Kristal Robinson, Capital
2. Which of the following is a liability?
A. Kristal Robinson, Drawing
B. Kristal Robinson, Capital
C. Accounts Payable--Office Depot
3. Which of the following is an example of an expense?
4. Complete the accounting equation: Assets = ? + Owner's Equity
I understand the field of accounting, including careers, salary and skills.
Finish group projects/exploring careers in accounting
Once you are in groups, you will be presented with your case study. You and your group will read and analyze the case study. Then, your group will create one PowerPoint presentation that includes a summary of the scenario/case study. It will also include your answers to the questions presented in the case study.
Things to include in the presentation:
- Discuss the field of accounting that your case study involved. (i.e. forensics, not-for profit, sports, or public accounting)
- Explain what the job duties are, what a typical day may be like, and what the environment may be like for that particular job or field of accounting. You may want to use the Start Here Go Places website as a resource.
- Summarize your case study.
- Answer the questions presented by the case study.
You may have to do some researching! You may need to research about your job title and duties. You may also have to research business concepts that you are not familiar with.
Make sure that each group member's name is on the presentation.
Upload to this website when completed.
Code for the site, Start Here Go Places: http://bankonitgame.com/
Have a great day!