Environmental Camp FYI
The time is almost here for our big overnight trip to Environmental Camp! We wanted to touch base with you one last time to make sure you know what your child is and is not allowed to bring.
In garbage bag, pack the following items:
- Sleeping bag OR quilt/blanket and sheet
In backpack, pack the following items:
- Change of clothes
- Pajamas (Please check the weather and dress appropriately.)
- Lightweight jacket!!!
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Baggie with washcloth or baby wipes
- If desired, disposable camera (Teachers are not responsible for damage to expensive cameras.)
All medications are to be in the original containers and packed in a labeled baggie. These must be given to teacher upon arrival at school on Thursday morning. NO medication, including Tylenol, etc. can be carried by students. Only bee sting kits and inhalers may be carried by student.
- Towels (no baths or showers are available)
- CD players
- Video games of any kind
- Cell phones (Unless completely necessary- teachers/chaperones are not responsible for loss)
- Money (There is nothing for purchase at the camp.)
- Snacks (unless a quantity of 20+ is brought for all students in cabin)
Students need to dress appropriately for the weather! We will be doing a lot of walking, so take extra care to wear shoes that are comfortable (no flip flops or sandals!) If you have any questions, please contact your child’s teacher.
NOTE: If your child is not attending camp, he or she will still need to attend school on the two Environmental Camp days, or be counted absent. Those students will be going to another classroom on those days.