Policies and Procedures
Students will be responsible for recording homework assignments in their agenda books on a daily basis. They will also bring them home each evening and have them signed by their parent/guardian. It is crucial for parents/guardians to check over the agenda books nightly before signing them to ensure communication and that the student is completing the homework assignments. It will also be beneficial because teachers will correspond with parents frequently through notes on the agenda books. The teacher will be checking for a signature daily. If agendas are consistently unsigned, the teacher will contact the parent for assistance in assuring communication.
Good behavior is expected and will be rewarded throughout the year. The school rules and consequences are listed below.
- Listen to the speaker.
- Treat others as you would like to be treated
- Raise your hand and stay in your seat until called upon.
- Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
- Come to class ready to work.
Students will receive and/or participate in incentives for displaying appropriate behavior each week.
- Yellow light- 5 minutes of walking at recess
- Orange light (2 light changes in one day)- 10 minutes of walking at recess
- Red light- walk all recess and a note sent home
- Consistent marks against behavior and/or extreme inappropriate behavior will result in student being referred to the principal.
- There will be Behavior Blowouts at the end of each nine weeks for those students who have had consistent positive behavior during that nine weeks. Students will attend if they meet the criteria for each nine weeks.
- First nine weeks: 6 or fewer yellow lights
- Second nine weeks: 4 or fewer yellow lights
- Third nine weeks: 2 or fewer yellow lights
- Fourth nine weeks: Zero light changes
Students will be expected to complete assignments on time. Zeroes or points- off may be received for any assignment that is not turned in or incomplete, excluding absences. Students will be responsible for recording daily assignments in their agendas.
Each Friday student work and/or informative letters will be sent home in a Friday Folder. This will ensure that parents are aware of the student’s progress throughout the week. Please make sure to empty the folder and sign the folder chart every Friday. Return this and any other important information with the Friday Folder each Monday morning or on the next scheduled school day.
3rd Grade Curriculum
Language Arts- (Reading, Spelling, and Grammar)
Arts & Humanities- (Music, Drama, Art)
Response to Intervention
Also, if your child has any specific concerns such as allergies or accommodations of which I should be made aware, please notify me. This will help to make his/her days at school as comfortable as possible.
Please call the school before 2:30 each afternoon if you plan to pick up your child if your child is not a regular outside pickup.
I will be sending regular newsletters home with each child updating our classroom instruction and reminders of important dates and events.
Thank you for your support of our classroom!