My name is Vickie Moriarity, and I am originally from Seattle, Washington. I have been fortunate to live and teach in Arizona, Nebraska, Virginia, and now Kentucky over the last 22 years. When I first came to Kentucky, I was captivated by the beauty of the Daniel Boone National Forest and the close knit families in Kentucky. I have been blessed to teach 7th grade language arts at Bath County Middle School since 2006 and hope to finish out my career here. I will be teaching all writing this year, and I am very excited about this opportunity
By the time students leave my class, I want them to:
- Develop and enjoy a habit of reading independently every day.
- Develop and enjoy a habit of writing independently every day.
- Use appropriate reading strategies to be able to decode and comprehend grade level texts with 100% accuracy.
- Analyze both literary and informational text in a way that will help them regardless of the college or career path they choose.
- Increase their vocabulary.
- Improve their speaking and listening skills when participating in discussion groups and when giving presentations.
- Effectively research topics and correctly cite sources using MLA format.
I love my job, my students, and serving the Bath County School District
- 2017: Attended the National Writing Project Working Session in Denver, Colorado to write a monograph
- 2017: Coordinator for 2017 Morehead Writing Project Summer Institute
- 2016: Attended Continuous Classroom Improvement to prepare to learn how to implement PDSA in the classroom.
- 2016: Coordinator for 2016 Morehead Writing Project Summer Institute
- 2015: Participant in the 2015 Social Justice Retreat
- 2015: Participant in the RSPDI Grant for Writing Effective Argument
- 2015: On-line Collaborator for the Morehead State Online Writing Project
- 2014: Kentucky Writing Project Returning Fellow
- 2012: National Board Certification - Early Adolescence/English Language Arts