My name is Vickie Moriarity, and I am originally from Seattle, Washington. I have lived and tought in Arizona, Nebraska, Virginia, and now Kentucky for 25 years. I have been blessed to teach middle school language arts at Bath County Middle School since 2006 and hope to finish out my career here. I am so excited about the upcoming 2019/2020 school year!
By the time students leave my class, I want them to:
- Develop and enjoy a habit of reading independently every day.
- Develop and enjoy a habit of writing independently every day.
- Use appropriate reading strategies to be able to decode and comprehend grade level texts with 100% accuracy.
- Analyze both literary and informational text in a way that will help them regardless of the college or career path they choose.
- Increase their vocabulary.
- Effectively research topics and correctly cite sources using MLA format.
July 2019: #KyGoDigital Presenter - "It's a Project Based World" and "Digitizing the ELA Classroom"
June 2019: Professional Development Presenter in Wayne County - "Deeper Learning: Genius Hour, Makerspaces, and PBL"
2017/2018: One of several Grant Writers/Coordinators of the 2017 LRNG Innovators Challenge Grant sponsored by John Legend Show Me Campaign, the John D and Catherine T MacArthur Foundation, and the National Writing Project
2016 - 2018: Coordinator for 2017 Morehead Writing Project Summer Institute
2017: Coordinator of the WEKY Fall Writing Conference
2017: Attended the National Writing Project Conference - Denver, Colorado to create a written monograph
2015 and 2017: Participant in the C3WP Writing Effective Argument
2015: Participant in the 2015 Social Justice Retreat
2012: National Board Certification - Early Adolescence/English Language Arts
2010: Director of the Bath County Middle School Writing Instruction Seed Grant from Morehead Writing Project