Income eligible children that will be four-years-old by August 1st can attend Preschool/Head Start. Identified disabled three-year-olds are eligible for Preschool as of their third birthday. Head Start services are available for 3 year olds without a disability.
A small number of four-year-olds may be enrolled by paying tuition. This number is determined by space available upon enrollment of all income eligible and disabled students.
At registration, each child will be provided with free hearing and developmental screenings. These screenings take approximately an hour to complete so parents should make sure that their children have been fed and have rested properly prior to registration.
Please bring the following pieces of information to registration:
- your child’s official birth certificate
- your child’s updated immunization record
- proof of income (W-2s or last year’s tax forms preferred)
- current physical examination (within last 6 months)
- eye examination by an optometrist or ophthalmologist
- dental examination by a dentist
If the above pieces of information are not available on registration day, they MUST be provided before the child can enter Preschool or Head Start.