It's a Terrific Tuesday in Business Principles!
Bellwork: Consider the following questions:
When it comes to trading stocks, it is best to buy when the price is ______ and sell when the price is ________.
Visit the following website and answer the following questions from the site: Yahoo Finance
1. What is the ticker for Sprint?
2. If you were to purchase Sprint right now, how much would one share cost? How much would 20 shares cost?
3. Is Sprint up or down from when it opened this morning?
4. Click on the profile for Sprint. (Right now, you are probably on "Summary" or "Chart." You can find the profile by going to the tab(s) to the right. Once in profile, answer these questions:
- How many full-time employees does Sprint hire?
- What is the executive chairman's pay?
- When was the company founded?
- Where is Sprint's headquarters located?
There are all kinds of ways to invest your money. Some aren't risky--like a savings account. However, less risk usually means less rewards/money. High risk, such as stocks, can offer high rewards; however, you can also lose a lot of money. So, be careful and diversify your investments!
Helpful Resources: https://finance.yahoo.com/
Game link: http://www.marketwatch.com/game/krobbp
Only for those absent yesterday: Register with MarketWatch: https://www.marketwatch.com/
Join now, and see if you can win my 'krobBP' competition. The more participants the higher the level of competition. Can you master the market?
Game created by: Ms. Robinson
Use the information and directions below to join the game.
- Open this link and read the competition summary:
- Click on the 'Join Now' button to get started. The password is: wildcats.
- If you are an existing MarketWatch member, enter your Email address and Password in the login panel and get set to trade. If you are a new user, follow the link for a Free account - it's easy!
- Follow the instructions and start trading!
After examining our stocks, portfolio, Yahoo Finance, etc., we will look at other types of investments and use Virtual Business.
I understand the concept of investing.
I understand how the stock market works.
I understand how to invest my money into the stock market.